Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in September 2016.
We were delighted to be classed as a good school. Here are some quotes from the report:
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- Kingsland Primary has strengthened as a result of effective leadership. Pupils are confident and happy and a range of improvements have been secured since the last inspection.
- The local authority recognises Kingsland’s strengths and acknowledges the expertise you are able to share with other schools in Birmingham.
- You are quick to respond to any gaps and, as a result, levels of attainment are now in line with or above those found nationally.
- Teachers are also given opportunities to share practice and learn from one another.
- English books show strong rates of progress from pupils’ different starting points.
- A strength of the school is how well you and your governors know the local area.
- During the inspection, I met with a group of teachers who were able to describe what they have learned from the training they have attended. This included a good knowledge of issues relating to child sexual exploitation and radicalisation. Your teachers were able to describe the possible indicators of abuse and the action that they would take if they had a concern.
- Kingsland have worked hard to engage families and encourage pupils to take part in a range of extra-curricular clubs.
- The vast majority of parents feel that their children are safe and well cared for at Kingsland.
The full report can be read by clicking here (pdf) Ofsted Report September 2016
Kingsland welcomes your comments as we are a school striving for continuous improvement. Click on this link to leave your comments.